What is Energy Management?
After receiving your Energy Analytics technical report indicating how energy is moving throughout your facility, your now able to make informed decisions on what technologies would help you reduce the most amount of energy for the least cost.
Energy management is the process where technology is used to manage the flow of energy and reduce any energy that is being wasted. This allows you to reduce costs while increasing comfort and performance.
Here's a list of the 10 most commonly used solutions we offer in energy management:
- Energy Monitors: allow you to see the energy your using in real time and allows you to make informed decisions before investing in new technology
- Timers and Automation: devices that allow energy systems to operate only when they are needed
- LED Lighting: costs less to operate while improving the color and quality of light in your workspace
- Heating and Ventilation: systems with energy recovery or heat transfer to reduce the amount of energy they use
- Water Heaters: with heat pumps to pre-heat the water being used in the facility
- Peak Shaving: technologies that produce electricity during the times your paying the most to buy it
- Transformers: and voltage regulators that help provide stable and balanced electricity
- Variable Speed Drives: allowing motors and fans to operate at the speed they need and not always at 100%
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: that work with solar electricity car ports to charge customer vehicle
- Battery Banks: that allow the ability to store large amounts of energy to use during power failures or peak shaving
Who Could Benefit From Energy Management Technology?
Any facility that requires energy to operate. Including, but not limited to, office buildings, restaurants, banks, retail stores, car washes, manufactures, schools, hospitals, municipal buildings, institutions and farms.
When Should You Consider Implementing?
After you have completed a Level Two Energy Audit of your facility provided by a certified Energy Management Service Provider, such as NexGen Energy Services.
How Would You Benefit From it?
- The Provincial and Federal Government provide rebates towards the energy audits, energy efficiency upgrades, and solar production.
- The Federal Government provides a 50% tax credit towards your renewable energy investment.
- Environmental responsibility where your investment can directly impact the public perception of your business and your brand.
- Reduce your lifetime energy expenses.
Once you have completed your energy management upgrades, you can consider producing your OWN electricity! This grid-tied step will allow you to offset your energy costs lowering your energy costs even further. For more information on this process visit our Solar Energy page.
Environmental, Social & Economical